This month we're pleased to recognise Mia's work on her Creativity, Activity and Service project. She has decided to get more involved in the school's garden project. Inspired by this, she presented a project proposal to build a meditation and social garden area at a retirement home. So far she has:
- has selected the retirement home
- taken photos of the ugly concrete area at the side of the building that she would like to develop into a restful garden area
- done some research into types of garden, structures and plants that would be suitable
- has identified a potential commercial sponsor
- has gathered together a team of four IB students who are willing to help her bring the project to life.
In this, Mia is leading the class in terms of her engagement with a full IB CAS project.